Here’s the gist
- Drop-off points in Maroochydore, Coolum, and Yandina
- High concentration of ShareWaste drop-off points in the area
Sunshine Coast Council has no residential food scrap pick-up service as part of its regular waste collection services.
The council has publicly committed to implementing a Food Organics and Garden Organics (FOGO) service in the near future, although with no firm timeline.
The Sunshine Coast has a high concentration of ShareWaste hosts that accept food scraps for composting.
The following community gardens also accept food waste drop-off:
- The Urban Farm in Maroochydore
- Yandina Community Gardens
- Coolum Commons in Jones Parade Park, Coolum Beach
Workshops and resources
Sunshine Coast Council runs regular workshops on at-home composting. You can find these on the library system’s events calendar. Future events are typically posted every school holidays (i.e. four times a year, once after each school term).
The council also maintains a dedicated composting and worm farms page which links to a comprehensive video series.